Saint Lucy Parish
List of Human Concern Activities Throughout the Year
- Helping Hands – Catholic Food Pantry. Monthly distribution of food for parishioners and friends in need. During Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas we give special baskets for our friends in need. Food is collected anytime.
- Lucy Bereavement Ministry. Support meetings to feel the love of Christ through the support of others. Meets every 3rd Monday of the month.
- Toiletry Collection. Unused travel size toiletries such as: shampoo, soap, toothpaste/toothbrushes and lotions etc. Toiletries are donated to local charities such as Halo or Nursing Homes.
- Blood Drive. Held in conjunction with Versiti-Blood Center of WI. 4 Times a year.
- Giving Tree/Adopt a Family. Provide Christmas gifts for children whose families cannot afford them.
- Giving Tree for Nursing Homes. Providing Christmas gifts for those living in nursing homes.
Social Outreach for the Homeless
- Vincent De Paul Meal Program. Every other month we cook and served food for the homeless of our Community.
- Walking shoes & socks. From parish-wide collection of shoes and socks to benefit the HOPES center and the Hospitality Center. Collection of Shoes and Socks Jan-Feb.
- Lenten Almsgiving. “Making the Needs of Others Our Own.” Help the homeless in our community and help the the archdiocesan sister parish in the Dominican Republic.
- Community Needs. Assist in emergency situations involving utilities, rent and other unexpected financial hardships.
- Lucy Catholic Education Scholarship Fund. Help families to help them pursue a Catholic education for their children.
Activities Sponsored by Saint Lucy School.
- Coat Drive. Collect new and slightly worn coats for those in need. Held in conjunction with Salvation Army of Racine. First two weeks of October.
- Toys for Tots. Collect new and used toys in partnership with Tex Reynolds/Toys For Tots Racine. First two weeks of October.
Activities Sponsored by other organizations.
- Harmony Club. Provides social day-care for elderly with age related disabilities. Meets at Saint Sebastian’s the second and fourth Wednesday of each month.
- Change for Life. Sponsored by the Knight of Columbus. Baby bottle spare change collection. Support Pro-Life Programs.
- Coat Drive. Sponsored by the Knight of Columbus. Collect new and slightly worn coats for those in need. Nov-Dec.