Saint Lucy Parish
List of Human Concern Activities Throughout the Year
- Helping Hands – Catholic Food Pantry. Monthly dispensation of food for parishioners and friends in need. During Thanksgiving & Christmas we give special baskets for our friends in need.
Food is collected every 2nd weekend of the month.
- Lucy Bereavement Ministry. Support meetings to feel the love of Christ through the support of others. Meets every 3rd Monday of the month.
- Toiletry Collection. Unused toiletries such as: shampoo; soap; toothpaste/toothbrushes; lotion, etc. Toiletries are donated to local charities such as Halo or the Women’s Resource center.
- Blood Drive. Held in conjunction with Versiti-Blood Center of WI. 4 Times a year.
- Giving Tree/Adopt a Family. Provide Christmas gifts for children whose families cannot afford them.
Social Outreach for the Homeless
- Vincent De Paul Meal Program. Every other month we cook and served food for the homeless of our Community.
- Walking shoes & socks. From parish-wide collection of shoes and socks to benefit the HOPES center and the Hospitality Center. Collection of Shoes and Socks Jan-Feb.
- Lenten Almsgiving. “Making the Needs of Others Our Own.” Help the homeless in our community and help the the archdiocesan sister parish in the Dominican Republic.
- Community Needs. Assist in emergency situations involving utilities, rent and other unexpected financial hardships.
- Lucy Catholic Education Scholarship Fund. Help families to help them pursue a Catholic education for their children.
Activities Sponsored by Saint Lucy School.
- Coat Drive. Collect new and slightly worn coats for those in need. Held in conjunction with Salvation Army of Racine. First two weeks of October.
- Toys for Tots. Collect new and used toys in partnership with Tex Reynolds/Toys For Tots Racine. First two weeks of October.
Activities Sponsored by other organizations.
- Harmony Club. Provides social day-care for elderly with age-related disabilities. Meets at Saint Sebastian every Wednesday.
- Change for Life. Sponsored by the Knight of Columbus. Baby bottle spare change collection. Support Pro-Life Programs.
- Coat Drive. Sponsored by the Knight of Columbus. Collect new and slightly worn coats for those in need. Nov-Dec.